Saturday 9 April 2011

April 1st 2011 - Day 7 - Ranthambore to Jaipur

From Kate....
Mum, Hen and I have been in India for 6 days now. Mum set up this blog thingy so as I bump along this road that makes our pot holes look like a joke, I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone; keep the old dear happy with an entry for the blog and and pass a bit of time, all the while trying not to kill this bird as I fly about the coach, breaking my iPad and narrowly miss splitting my head on the fan perfectly placed above me for such things. And this is the thing I have to remind myself as I stir in a grumpy Bond - like manner from my Bond  - like nap, I'm lucky to have (among many things) my Mum and sister with me, an iPad, an air conditioned coach, and a bloody fan to even split my head open on!

Hindu people here live life in order to find Nirvana, to awaken your spirit. Now don't get me wrong and don't worry I haven't lost my mind, and you won't find me dancing around barefoot with saggy breasted hippies, but if there is a place to re find the balance in your life surely this is it.

And with that as we pull up to wait for a train to pass and we hand out the rank packed lunch we were given to children slightly older than my beloved niece. Their hair riddled with lice, teeth surprisingly even there..... And the revolting matching out fit, Beckham wanna be, Yorkshire couple, Clippy (named so because of her naff hair clip) and Gayer (because deep down he's gay) sitting in front of us video it like it's some sort of show. I'll tell you more about Clippy and her 'Mother Theresa gone wrong' video later....

For now, on to Jaipur where I have no doubt the colours, music and excitement of it all will blow my mind.

Namaste - I bow to the light with in you.... I had beans on toast for breakfast :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment